Fun Times at The Merc by The Pioneer Woman

In the early food blogging days, I developed friendships with a group of men and women who were crazy enough to do the same thing I was doing: Cooking food and not letting anyone in the household take a bite until the proper photos were taken. Ha. One of my good food blogging friends through the years has been Maria Lichty from Two Peas and Their Pod, who traveled to Pawhuska over the weekend to have a cookbook signing at The Merc!

 
 
We had a great turnout, and I started out by asking Maria some random questions in front of the crowd—only a couple of which were food related.

(I think Brad Pitt showed up in one of the questions?)

 
 
The chefs at The Mercantile had prepared some of Maria’s dishes from her cookbook.

 
 
They were all delicious!

 
 
Josh, Maria’s husband, came along. And look–he was holding one of the attendees’ babies. So darn sweet.

 
 
Eventually his own baby showed up. (Their two sons had come on the trip as well.)

 
 
After our conversation, Maria started her recipe demo.

 
 
She made this recipe from her book. Absolutely divine!

 
 
I was being the paparazzi on the sidelines.

 
 
Plus, I wanted to be close to the food. Ha.

 
 
After her demonstration, it was time for Maria to meet everyone and sign books!

 
 
We had the best visitors!

 
 
Moms, babies, daughters…

 
 
Husbands, wives…

 
 
Families!

 
 
These gals are wonderful. I’ve met them at The Merc a few times and they enjoyed meeting Maria.

 
 
I got to catch up with some old friends (Hi, Tiff!)…

 
 
And it was so great to see Maria! I’m a fan. 🙂

 
 
Thank you, sweet Maria, for coming to our small town.

Here is where you can find her wonderful cookbook!

Two Peas and Their Pod Cookbook